Friday, December 8, 2017

Answer Is Blowin' In The Wind




We are settling in to Texas life, although the other day when I hit the home button on my GPS and it came up Loveland, Colorado I felt at that moment I was a thousand miles from home.  Well, if this is a life lesson, I am taking the test. There is a rhythm to retirement, much like the changing of the seasons, and it is easy to fall into no specific schedule, no hurry to be somewhere, throw the paper away without reading it and next thing you know, the day is over!

Skip is busy driving his school bus route, Mr. Skip as he is known on the playground at Jake’s Place here in Oak Point.  He is just as easily recognized locally, by his association with our dog Bodie, as the entire neighborhood seems to know the dog! People roll their windows down as they drive by and call Bodie by name! Skip is working on a train club for our middle school in cooperation with the STEM teachers.

This summer I earned the name as Chicken Lady to my neighbors.  The girls, Lily, Helen, Myrtle, Carolyn and Dottie, follow me around like little ducklings follow their mom.  They dig in the same patch of dirt I am working, and they are often rewarded with beetle larvae.  I am still learning what grows in this harsh environment and all of the microclimates on our place.  You certainly don’t stick a plant in the ground and it grows in Texas.


This fall I was voted in as a member of the Ariel Art Club, a charter of the Texas Federation of Women’s Clubs.  I actually have time to go to luncheons in the middle of the day!   Then, there is the continuing work as a  “Ladies of Oak Point” and our mission is to bring a little cheer to the local Fire and Police Department, and local charities.   But I think High Tea is really the looming excuse for all clubs in Texas! In closing I am combining three of my favorite things, The Beatles, gardening and tea time…
“And although its been said many times, in many ways, Merry Christmas to you!”

No comments:

Post a Comment