Friday, January 2, 2015

Weekend Warrior



Living in the foot hills of the Rocky Mountains a bike ride is not a leisure ride down the road.  The minute I leave my house, it is an upward climb for the next 40 minutes.  I love going down the road and the challenge of another hard ride. But, there is this one damn hill.  With the invention of the Copenhagen wheel, I am thinking that my next birthday gift will have this invention at the top of my wish list.  It is attached to the rear wheel and using your smart phone app, a rider can kick in the battery-powered motor to level out that hill. When you peddle harder, on those long climbs, the wheel pushes with increasing power.  The battery stores power that you generate from the energy you provide for the ride.  And of course, with the ap and sensors, it tracks and creates a data base for temperatures, effort, humidity navigates and records road conditions for future rides. Sign me up for a hybrid bike!

No comments:

Post a Comment